Note: I’m halting development of Exalted Reincarnated. I am proud of what it is and what has been developed, but it is an endless amount of work and I wish to regain my free time.
Hopefully this will be of use to someone!
Exalted Reincaranated is a fan-made, top-to-bottom mechanics rewrite of the Exalted System by Onyx Path Publishing.
While the setting is fascinating, compelling, and contains great thematics, the mechanics supporting the setting are overcomplicated, and ultimately fall short of delivering on its thematics.
The aim of this project is to provide a new system that is simplier to learn, but still provides a greate variety of customization to the player. This is, as best we can make it, an entirely new
“edition” of the game, where we take everything apart, analyze its purpose, and build anew.
- Strifes: Gained through roleplay, these points may be expended to “break the rules” of the system in a limited way, allowing the Players to directly dictate where the story is going.
- Charm Compaction: The Charms (Powers) of a character are far more compact in design. 3rd Edition had far too many charms that did very little individually, while here each charm should do something with fewer to keep track of.
- Combat: Combat has been streamlined, and focused more on the narrative structure of your character. Classical “non-combatants” have options to perform, while “Combat” characters can still star in the scene. As well, it should not take hours to finish a combat.
- Encounters: A system has been created to help guide non-combat encounters, so that your courtroom scene or “Picard Speech” can have the same weight as combat.
- Projects: A downtime system that lets the characters change the world at large.
For a more in-depth breakdown, see About.
Contributors from and Special Thanks to:
Codex, DeProf Gaming, Effendoor, Exthalion, Insuling, Jancarius, Kaleth, Ortha, Redman808, The Red One, SkyBoundFencer, Soarin1, Sponsored by Nobody, Tsurumah, Wolfblade, and Zeus
As well, I would like to thank the systems and their authors of Anima Prime (Christian Griffen) and Godbound (Sine Nomine Publishing), as they have both been a great help when puzzling out mechanics.
Rules Summary (Cheat Sheet)